Need FDOS-M for an Altair 8800b

  • Stephen L
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2011
      Hi,

      I have just acquired an Altair 8800b "turnkey" model. This one does not have an internal drive. Rather, it has an ICOM "microfloppy" controller. It expects to be connected to a 5-1/4" floppy drive and boots FDOS-M, I believe.

      Does anyone know where to look to find FDOS-M?

      Any info would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Steve L.
    • steve
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2011
        Or you can load "DEBBI" (Disk Extended Basic By Icom). I don't have the software, but I have the FDOS and DEBBI manuals. I also have an icom single 5" drive in official original icom cabinet. Not sure whether it's a Pertec or Shugart drive, but when last used (>20 years ago), it worked fine. If you need it, contact me off-group and we can work out a price, or I can list it on ebay.

        Steve
        alltare ~at~ yahoo ~dot~ com

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen L" <shlafferty@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I have just acquired an Altair 8800b "turnkey" model. This one does not have an internal drive. Rather, it has an ICOM "microfloppy" controller. It expects to be connected to a 5-1/4" floppy drive and boots FDOS-M, I believe.
        >
        > Does anyone know where to look to find FDOS-M?
        >
        > Any info would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Steve L.

      • Stephen L
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2011
          Thanks for the reply, Steve! I will send you a private message about the goodies.

          Steve L.