ALTAIR "white label" 680 sells for $2685 on Ebay

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 28, 2011
      Per earlier thread, the ALTAIR "white label" 680 sold for $2685 on Ebay.

      The serial number of the system is c 11375.

      I believe they all started with either "c 11nnn" or "e 11nnn" where nnn would be the production number. Not sure what the c or e mean, but I assume kit and assembled. But then why use c or e?

      Bill
    • steve
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2011
        My "white label" 680 has serial # e11982. It's probably built from a kit- there's flux on the front panel and mother board solder joints, which would have been removed if factory-built.

        Steve