Re: Bit Rate Generator -RE: [Altair Computer Club] Ic needed

  • geistmarty
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 19, 2010
      Hi All;
      Tom, Yes, I had done that before announcing to the group, I am trying to cover my base on all fronts, and as they won't respond till the weekend is over, I figured that the Altair group might have one or two in their Junk Drawer.... So Thank You....
      THANK YOU Marty

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tom at Home" <tdurston@...> wrote:

      > This 2SIO part, IC "F", is the same as the Fairchild 4702BPC (4702B base
      > number, PC = 16 pin plastic DIP package)
      >
      > A web search of IC resellers shows many hits, but they all want to have the
      > buyer request a quote; here's a few -
      >

      > http://icelect.com/search2.php?BUY=4702BPC
      >

      > http://www.usbid.com/catalog7/page.cfm/5192
      >

      > _____

    • geistmarty
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011
        Hi All;
        I tried many sites and they either didn't have the part or had a very high minimum dollar ammount, So no luck...
        THANK YOU Marty

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "geistmarty" <geistmarty@...> wrote:

        > Hi All;
        > Tom, Yes, I had done that before announcing to the group, I am trying to cover my base on all fronts, and as they won't respond till the weekend is over, I figured that the Altair group might have one or two in their Junk Drawer.... So Thank You....
        > THANK YOU Marty
        >
        > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tom at Home" <tdurston@> wrote:
        > >
        > > This 2SIO part, IC "F", is the same as the Fairchild 4702BPC (4702B base
        > > number, PC = 16 pin plastic DIP package)
        > >
        > > A web search of IC resellers shows many hits, but they all want to have the
        > > buyer request a quote; here's a few -
        > >

        > > http://icelect.com/search2.php?BUY=4702BPC
        > >

        > > http://www.usbid.com/catalog7/page.cfm/5192
        > >

        > > _____

      • Tom at Home
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 11, 2011

          Marty,

          If the objective is to restore functionality of the 2SIO, I can create a small daughter board with parts that simulate the function of the 4702BPC Bit Rate Generator IC in position “F”.

          If the goal is restoring the historical value of the 2SIO with identical parts, then we’ll keep search for the old part.

          Any opinions?

          "Tom at Home" <tdurston@> wrote:

          > > This 2SIO part, IC "F", is the same as the Fairchild 4702BPC
          (4702B base
          > > number, PC = 16 pin plastic DIP package)
          > >
          > > A web search of IC resellers shows many hits, but they all want to
          have the
          > > buyer request a quote; here's a few -
          > >

          > > http://icelect.com/search2.php?BUY=4702BPC
          > >

          > > http://www.usbid.com/catalog7/page.cfm/5192
          > >

          > > _____

        • geistmarty
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 12, 2011
            Hi All;
            Tom, I would like to make sure that the Board works first, and then , try to get the right part, but an equivalent circuit/part would be fine with me....