Bit Rate Generator -RE: [Altair Computer Club] Ic needed

  • Tom at Home
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 18, 2010

    This 2SIO part, IC “F”, is the same as the Fairchild 4702BPC  (4702B base number, PC = 16 pin plastic DIP package)

    A web search of IC resellers shows many hits, but they all want to have the buyer request a quote; here’s a few –

    http://icelect.com/search2.php?BUY=4702BPC

    http://www.usbid.com/catalog7/page.cfm/5192

    Message 2 of 10 , Dec 18, 2010

      ooh yes,  wasnt looking , tired eyes here, :)
      =Dan

      On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM, geistmarty <geistmarty@...> wrote:

      Hi Dan;
      I think I have to Order 500 of them, since it is a non-stock item, to get the two I would want....
      THANK YOU Marty

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "geistmarty" <geistmarty@...> wrote:

      > Hi all;
      > I never thought of looking at Digikey, as I thought it would be to old of a part.. That's what I get for thinking.... THANK YOU Dan
      > THANK YOU Marty
      >
      > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Dan Roganti <ragooman@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Heres another source
      > > Digikey.com
      > > part# HD3-4702-9Z-ND
      > >
      > > =Dan
      > > --http://www.vintagecomputer.net/ragooman/
      > >

      > > On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 5:09 PM, geistmarty <geistmarty@> wrote:
      > >

      > > > Hi All;
      > > > I need an IC for the 88-2SIO Location "F" (34702 or GD4702 according to
      > > > Grant) I have a board without one....
      > > > THANK YOU Marty

    • geistmarty
      Message 3 of 10 , Dec 19, 2010
        Hi All;
        Tom, Yes, I had done that before announcing to the group, I am trying to cover my base on all fronts, and as they won't respond till the weekend is over, I figured that the Altair group might have one or two in their Junk Drawer.... So Thank You....
        THANK YOU Marty

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tom at Home" <tdurston@...> wrote:

        > This 2SIO part, IC "F", is the same as the Fairchild 4702BPC (4702B base
        > number, PC = 16 pin plastic DIP package)
        >
        > A web search of IC resellers shows many hits, but they all want to have the
        > buyer request a quote; here's a few -
        >

        > http://icelect.com/search2.php?BUY=4702BPC
        >

        > http://www.usbid.com/catalog7/page.cfm/5192
        >

        > _____

      • geistmarty
        Message 4 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011
          Hi All;
          I tried many sites and they either didn't have the part or had a very high minimum dollar ammount, So no luck...

        • Tom at Home
          Message 5 of 10 , Jan 11, 2011

            Marty,

            If the objective is to restore functionality of the 2SIO, I can create a small daughter board with parts that simulate the function of the 4702BPC Bit Rate Generator IC in position “F”.

            If the goal is restoring the historical value of the 2SIO with identical parts, then we’ll keep search for the old part.

            Any opinions?

            "Tom at Home" <tdurston@> wrote:

            > > This 2SIO part, IC "F", is the same as the Fairchild 4702BPC
            (4702B base
            > > number, PC = 16 pin plastic DIP package)
            > >
            > > A web search of IC resellers shows many hits, but they all want to
            have the
            > > buyer request a quote; here's a few -
            > >

            > > http://icelect.com/search2.php?BUY=4702BPC
            > >

            > > http://www.usbid.com/catalog7/page.cfm/5192
            > >

            > > _____

          • geistmarty
            Message 6 of 10 , Jan 12, 2011
              Hi All;
              Tom, I would like to make sure that the Board works first, and then , try to get the right part, but an equivalent circuit/part would be fine with me....