the IBM Asynchronous Communications Adapter

  • steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2010
      Not directly applicable to the current thread ("How to Transfer to a PC"), but this may be of interest to Teletype users-

      The early IBM serial port boards could be configured for RS232 or 20ma current loop (TTY). So if you have an old PC , XT, etc, it might be a convenient way to transfer punched tapes to PC. I still have the technical manual for the IBM "Asynchronous Communications Adapter" and if anyone is interested, I'll post a scan the relevant configuration pages for that board.