Altair memories

  • solverguy
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2001
      I bought and built a MITS Atari 8800 back in 76.
      Originally I also purchased (as an option) static RAM memory
      (4K). I had lots of fun toggling in programs and
      listening to computer "music" on the radio. Later I aquired
      an Atari 680 but did not use it much. My name
      appeared in Computer Notes as the 2nd place programming
      contest winner and I got a $25 certificate from MITS
      dated, June 7, 1976. I traded my Altair 8800 and Alair
      680 for a Processor Technologies SOL-20 way back
      when. Still have that.<br>I also have many of the older
      magazines including the best popular Electronics magazines
      and MITS Computer Notes.<br><br>I still remember much
      of the octal codes for the old 8008 instruction