Re: Neat Altair link I ran across

  • c_swiger
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2000
      Steve -<br><br> Don't know about anyone else but
      I found that Altair simulator pretty exciting. It
      compiled with no problems and looks quite complete. It
      took a while to figure out how to "sim>attach dsk0
      mbasic.dsk" to a disk and "sim>run" it, but after that it
      was just like being at a BASIC console.<br>It was
      exciting to me because I could never afford a disk drive
      (and still can't :). A PC based disk emulator would be
      an interesting project, something like this:
      is and see if we can get software in and out of
      those *.dsk's. I may need your software modem/uart
      after all! Would also like to know what that "Altair
      MITS standard BOOT EPROM, fits in upper 256K (sic) of
      memory" does (in altair_cpu.c). My old EPROM is so old it
      lost some bits, and it was a custom tape loader (enter
      start addr, end addr and a test byte). Would be best to
      make it a 'standard' machine from a software sharing
      point of view.<br><br>Chuck