Re: [Altair Computer Club] Re: Altair only?

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2010

      Loef,
      What IMSAI set up do you have?

      From: steve <alltare@...>
      To: altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, Apr 30, 2010 10:20 pm
      Subject: [Altair Computer Club] Re: Altair only?

      Loef,
      Welcome to the club. Quite a few of our members have IMSAI or other S-100
      machines, and all are welcome.

      Steve
      =================================

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Günther <ga@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I'm a newby here and wann ask if this group is also for IMSAI addicts?
      >
      > -loef

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      altaircomputerclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
      altaircomputerclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Agustus Finknottle IV "Gussy"
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2010
        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Günther <ga@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I'm a newby here and wann ask if this group is also for IMSAI addicts?
        >
        > -loef

        Welcome to the club! My first S-100 machine was an IMSAI; so I'm a bit partial to them. I currently have two, one with drives, and another running from ROMs.

        Tell us a little about your setup. Any projects underway?

        -John
      • Guenther Loeffler
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2010
          thanks for the friendly reception

          can't say much about it now, because the box has not arrived at my place
          yet. It's kind of a sentimental affair in my case. I always wanted such a
          machine in my youth when I first saw an advert in 'Byte' magazine, but
          couldn't afford one at that time, so I realized this dream now in my older
          days. The machine is well equipped, there are a dozen boards in it, but no
          peripherals. I have still lots of 8" floppy discs around here from a Data
          General Nova I worked with in the 80's but have no floppy drive. Does anyone
          know where I could get a 8" floppy drive, compatible to the IMSAI?

          I will report details in a few days.

          -loef

          > I'm a newby here and wann ask if this group is also for IMSAI addicts?
          >
          > -loef

          Welcome to the club! My first S-100 machine was an IMSAI; so I'm a bit
          partial to them. I currently have two, one with drives, and another running
          from ROMs.

          Tell us a little about your setup. Any projects underway?

          -John

          Virus checked by G Data AntiVirus
          Version: AVA 21.149 dated 02.05.2010