Re: While we are talking about buying/selling..

  • Agustus Finknottle IV "Gussy"
    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 9, 2010
      Count me in. I can provide the diskettes and will gladly contribute to any "copy-testing" fund, if needed.

      I currently have an 8800b (full panel) with a turnkey card, ROM Basic, three MITS 16K static ram cards, and an 88-ACR. I'm running with cassettes now, but over the last 2 years I've accumulated a MITS 8800b style single disk drive and the dual MITS interface card for it. My goal is to upgrade to the disk drive. I think I can handle all the hardware, but I've been worrying about where to get the software, boot disks, etc. As far as what I'm interested in, I'll definitely need boot disks, both MITS DOS and CP/M, and any languages, utilities, or MITS DOS specific software (I think I have CP/M covered). And of course, Star Trek.

      -John

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "wtsnet" <yahoo@...> wrote:

      > I assume Star Trek is a must have program. What other software do other
      > people have or want?
      >
      > Tom

    • W Tom
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 13, 2010
        Bill,

        I could add a short to this board if it would help with enjoyment :)

        http://tom12.tech.officelive.com/CompuProSystemSupport1A02799A.aspx

        I love boards where everything is labeled and all chips have sockets.

        Jack,

        I'm embarrassed to have toasted a 680, but glad Grant cloned it first. At least I learned one cause of 680 board failure. The length of the spacer for add-on boards is important.

        I hope Grant has made progress on another production run of the add-on board. I don't trust my original boards. All but one are Rev 0 and I have no clue what MITS fixed for REV 1. Grant found many of the sockets and chips were bad because something had damaged to metal on the pins and sockets. Replacement RAM chips remain expensive. I think 680 memory is a case where newer may be better than original.

        Regards,

        Tom