Ed Roberts dead

  • steve
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
      Sadly, the founder of the industry has died at age 68, on the 35th anniversary of his creation.

      http://www.pcworld.com/article/193249/pc_pioneer_ed_roberts_dies_at_68.html

      Steve
    • sonicpt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010
        This is very sad news. I visited MITS on several occasions, and will never forget meeting with him in his office, and his speaking at the WACC. He was a big man, in many ways, but I wish he had gotten more recognition for his contributions. I had dreams that the MITS microcomputer pioneers would have one last get-together...

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "steve" <alltare@...> wrote:

        > Sadly, the founder of the industry has died at age 68, on the 35th anniversary of his creation.
        >
        > http://www.pcworld.com/article/193249/pc_pioneer_ed_roberts_dies_at_68.html
        >
        > Steve

      • landcru
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2010