Re: S-1OO TO PC????????????

  • alltare
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2000
      Hippie,<br>I don't see how you plan to use
      S100/Altair/IMSAI buss boards in a PC, no matter what kind of
      software or emulator you have. Altair boards won't plug in
      to any kind of PC slot. Even if you make some kind
      of hardware socket interface gizmo, you will still
      have timing problems, speed problems, pulse width
      problems, probably fan-in problems, etc. Don't forget that
      a modern PC has a clock speed about 500 times
      faster than the old 8080 systems used. I suppose that
      with a lot of work, you could somehow EXERCISE many
      Altair boards using a PC as a controller, but to what
      end? What's your ultimate goal, exactly?<br>-Steve