Re: [Altair Computer Club] Re: Odd 8800 on eBay

  • Michael Gregory
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2009
      My guess is, it's a home made modification. Probably, the person who originally modified it didn't like the Altair motherboard, blue plastic card guides or the original power supply design. The case, front panel and CPU appear to be original though. The card guide kind of looks like a cut up IMSAI  guide. With only the picture to go by it looks like a well done modification. However, the value has most certainly been negatively affected by the modification.

      Best Regards