Re: S-1OO TO PC????????????

  • kenfarmer47
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2000
      I have no idea where to begin on this message. An
      emulator for the Altair? To emulate what? You could
      emulate a PC on an Altair (sort of) but why? You can
      definitely emulate an Altair on a PC which would be ok if
      you don't have a real 8-bit machine yet.<br>A PC is
      fine for the terminal if the Altair monitor has a
      serial function.<br>You want to use S-100 hardware in
      what? If you mean the Altair you got it made. If you
      want to use S-100 in a PC, good luck. I have seen a PC
      (old pc, not ISA) card connected to an S-100 bus using
      output and input ports. Slower than molasses and the
      upper address lines have to be tied off and a couple of
      control lines phonied up, but it worked.<br><br>I guess
      what I am asking is, what do you want to do? Make an
      S-100, an Altair clone, an Altair software clone on a
      PC, or what?