ACR Cassette Board Foil Labels

  • Tom Lake
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009
      Does anyone know the dimensions and exact wording of the foil labels mentioned in the ACR docs? The docs say one reads TAPE RECORD OUT and the other is probably TAPE PLAY IN but the docs don't explicitly say so. I'm planning on making a set and I'd like them to be as close to original as possible. Or does anyone have an original set (s)he'd be willing to part with?

      TIA

      Tom Lake
    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009
        You mean this?
        http://vintagecomputer.net/MITS/680/altair_680_rear_view.jpg

             TAPE                             TAPE

        RECORD OUT                   PLAY IN

        Does anyone know the dimensions and exact wording of the foil labels mentioned
        in the ACR docs?  The docs say one reads TAPE RECORD OUT and the other is
        probably TAPE PLAY IN but the docs don't explicitly say so.  I'm planning on
        making a set and I'd like them to be as close to original as possible.  Or does
        anyone have an original set (s)he'd be willing to part with?

        TIA

        Tom Lake

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:altaircomputerclub-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:altaircomputerclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Tom Lake
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
          --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@... wrote:

          > You mean this?
          > http://vintagecomputer.net/MITS/680/altair_680_rear_view.jpg
          >

          > ???? TAPE???????????????????????????? TAPE
          >
          > RECORD OUT??????? ?????????? PLAY IN
          >
          > Bill

          Almost! On the 8800, they're separate labels. It seems to confirm my idea of the missing wording, though. Thanks!

          Tom Lake
        • Dave Sroelov
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
            tom,

            i just took a picture of the labels from the back of my 8800B, which has
            an original 88-ACR board in it. i sent the picture directly to your email.

            for all those who aren't receiving the picture, the labels are 1/2" x
            1". there are two lines on each one. the top line on each reads
            "TAPE". the bottom line on one reads "PLAY IN" and the bottom line on
            the other reads "RECORD OUT". both lines are centered.

            dave

            --
            Dave Sroelov
            A & S Computer Services, Inc.

            Tel: 919-554-4388
            Fax: 919-554-9431
            email: dave@...
          • Tom Lake
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009
              --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Dave Sroelov <dave@...> wrote:

              > tom,
              >
              > i just took a picture of the labels from the back of my 8800B, which has
              > an original 88-ACR board in it. i sent the picture directly to your email.

              Those are the ones, Dave, Thanks! For anyone wanting a set, I'll be printing them up on self-adhesive aluminum foil labels. Send me your address and I'll send them to you, free. It's my small way of thanking the Altair community for all the help I've been given over the years.

              Tom