Re: [Altair Computer Club] Molex Connectors

  • KB
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26 1:57 PM
      Makes sense! What was I thinking?

      --- On Sat, 7/25/09, alltare <alltare@...> wrote:

      From: alltare <alltare@...>
      Subject: Re: [Altair Computer Club] Molex Connectors
      To: altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 8:09 PM

      KB-

      The idea is to keep things as original as possible.  Modified boards and mainframes  are OK if you plan on keeping and using them yourself, but their historical significance will be reduced, and you'll blow the resale value and the collectors' value.  It's akin to putting a fresh coat of paint on a Picasso.

      Steve
      ============ ========= =

      From: Tom Lake <tlake@twcny. rr.com>
      Subject: [Altair Computer Club] Molex Connectors
      To: altaircomputerclub@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, July 25, 2009, 7:59 AM

      Does anyone know where I can get the 10-pin female Molex connectors used to connect ribbon cables to the Altair boards? If not I could use the Molex Part Number to find them if you know it. I know someone still has them available since Grant Stockly is still using them in his great replicas (and yes, I tried asking him!) Anyone?

      TIA

      Tom Lake

    • Tom Lake
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2009
        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Lake" <tlake@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know where I can get the 10-pin female Molex connectors
        > used to connect ribbon cables to the Altair boards? If not I could
        > use the Molex Part Number to find them if you know it.

        Grant Stockly and Geoff Harrison both replied to me.

        The connectors can be found at Mouser.com and are

        Molex Part # 09-50-7101 for the connector and

        08-52-0125 for the pins. I just got some in and they're perfect.

        Thanks to all who replied!

        Tom
      • KB
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2009
          Thats cool! May your altair work for years to come!