Re: [Altair Computer Club] Re: 2SIO Problem

  • Craig Landrum
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2009
      Tom;

      You may want to hunt around for an SIOC card. In the 8800 I sold
      a while
      back, I had both the SIO 2 and the SIOC installed. My SIO2 port
      1 was
      attached to an RS232 9600 baud Wyse terminal and the SIOC to a 20MA
      Teletype. I was able to specify the colsole at boot time simply by
      flipping the proper front panel switches. That way, if I was doing
      something real, I could boot to the Wyse, and when I wanted to
      show off,
      I could boot to the Teletype. If I recall, this technique
      worked fine
      for BASIC and (I think) Bascomm CP/M, but am not sure about
      Altair DOS.

      I also had a centronics printer attached through Altairs
      centronics board
      and that seemed to work with everything.
      --
      Craig Landrum
      Chief Technical Officer