I just joined to see what was happening in the world of Altair

  • tdurston
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2009
      Hi all,
      I was one of the engineers at MITS 1973-1978, and developed the COMPTER, ACR, 4K static RAM card and the floppy disk system.

      Any questions about technology or people? I don't remember much from 30 years ago, but I'd be glad to try to answer questions.

      I have a few boxes of Altair stuff in storage, MITS notes, some hardware, etc..

      Thanks, Tom Durston

      ps. Bill Gates still hasn't sent me any money yet. The last time I saw Paul Allen was 1995 at our 20th Altair reunion.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2009
        Tom,

        Welcome to the Altair Computer Club from another ex-MITS employee. Having been MITS' chief hardware engineer, we certainly are glad to see you. Besides myself, there are a few other MITS people who are members here, but we don't hear from them very often.

        Someplace around here, I have a snapshot from the reunion of you, Ed, Eddie Currie, Paul Allen, and David Bunnell. I'll post it here when I find it.

        Steve
        =========================

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "tdurston" <tdurston@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I was one of the engineers at MITS 1973-1978, and developed the COMPTER, ACR, 4K static RAM card and the floppy disk system.
        >
        > Any questions about technology or people? I don't remember much from 30 years ago, but I'd be glad to try to answer questions.
        >
        > I have a few boxes of Altair stuff in storage, MITS notes, some hardware, etc..
        >
        > Thanks, Tom Durston
        >
        > ps. Bill Gates still hasn't sent me any money yet. The last time I saw Paul Allen was 1995 at our 20th Altair reunion.

      • Tom at Home
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2009
          Thanks, Steve.

          Tom Durston