Re: [Altair Computer Club] New Turnkey B kit (Unassembled!)

  • RMA
    Message 1 of 14 , May 28, 2009
    I am uncertain as to role with the the club, but your answer seems as though you know a lot about
    Altair, history, etc. I have built four units. I still have several 8800Bs all working with hard drives, etc.
    I have a original led display and all of the newsletters from MITS. I do have a large inventory, but find I am unable
    to end the file, so will send a few pictures and lists. The manuals are for all of the systems I have. At 74 it is time to
    find a good home for all of these items. I would like to find someone who would want to purchase the whole lot-which
    would be a truck load. I did have a university that was interested, but that fell through. I am attaching a few files and lists for
    you to look at.  Robert Adelstein-Denver
  • R Banks
    Message 2 of 14 , May 29, 2009
      To all who have responded,

      Many thanks for your thoughts and ideas about selling an Altair. I especially want to thank Tom for his time and ideas on this. I am quite intrigued by Tom's extensive thoughts. I have a few related items, like mint copies of the first three issues of Byte magazine, the two Popular Electronic issues introducing the Altair, other early books and mags, etc. and could put together a package deal, I guess. I have also thought of doing a web site about the early MITS days and being a dealer, but never got around it it. This is great food for thought! Thanks, guys!

      RGB

      HotmailĀ® has a new way to see what's up with your friends. Check it out.