Altair 8800 on EBay

  • Don Russ
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10 6:35 AM
      I have finally gotten around to listing my 8800 on Ebay. I got it going abaout a year ago and haven't touched it until recently. I decided it needed a loving home with less cat hair and dust.

      I uploaded some files on this site that I used to get it going. They can be found in the Altair Boot of 8K BASIC sub directory. I am sure that there are better ways to bootstrap and such but this worked! I hope they can be of some use to others that are working on their Altair.

      This group and the links that it provided were invaluable to my restoration project. Thank you to all wou helped me over the past few years.

      It was fun to get it going but now it is time for others to have their fun.

      Don
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10 10:52 AM
        Don,

        Thanks for the info you posted, and good luck with the sale of your Altair. When you get it listed, please tell us the item number or provide a link.

        Steve
        ================================

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Don Russ" <Don@...> wrote:

        > I have finally gotten around to listing my 8800 on Ebay. I got it going abaout a year ago and haven't touched it until recently. I decided it needed a loving home with less cat hair and dust.
        >
        > I uploaded some files on this site that I used to get it going. They can be found in the Altair Boot of 8K BASIC sub directory. I am sure that there are better ways to bootstrap and such but this worked! I hope they can be of some use to others that are working on their Altair.
        >
        > This group and the links that it provided were invaluable to my restoration project. Thank you to all wou helped me over the past few years.
        >
        > It was fun to get it going but now it is time for others to have their fun.
        >
        > Don

      • Don Russ
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11 1:06 PM
          No problem! It is item number 150330705634

          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=150330705634

          Spent some time playing Star Trek on it today. Boy what memories!

          Don
        • john_crane_59
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11 3:15 PM
            --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Don Russ" <Don@...> wrote:

            > No problem! It is item number 150330705634
            >
            > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=150330705634
            >
            > Spent some time playing Star Trek on it today. Boy what memories!
            >
            > Don

            Very nice looking machine! I'm sure it will do well on ebay. Nice to see a working machine on ebay for a change.

            -J