Re: Altair Q70 daisywheel printer

  • oghull
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@...> wrote:

      > There's a loaded 8800 on ebay at
      > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220340089061
      > (item #220340089061). It closes tonight and there are no bids yet,
      > but I blame that on the high starting price ($3,000). I think it
      > will sell though, considering all that's included.

      He's been trying to sell it at that price for a while now, this is
      about the fourth time I've seen it. So far no one's been
      crazy^H^H^H^H^H interested enough to pay that much. There's not much
      information there about it, he'd probably do better if he gave more
      details about the cards. It looks like the backplane is made up of 4
      of the original 4 slot units wired together, I wonder how reliable it is.

      Geoff.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2009
        Geoff,
        I should pay more attention to Altair auctions- I'm surprised that
        the system hasn't been previously sold. Blame it on the stock
        market, I guess.

        Jack,
        The rackmount stuff was an available option from MITS. The handles,
        slides, and other rackmount parts could be attached and removed with
        a couple of screws on each side. No modifications (extra holes,
        etc.) were necessary, so a rack mounted Altair could easily become a
        desktop unit.

        Steve

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "oghull" <oghull@...>