8K Basic Running?

  • john_crane_59
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2008
      Anyone run 8K Basic from the binary file on the SIMH site with a real
      Altair?

      8kbas.bin

      Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the 4K Basic worked fine for me.
      The 8K just locks up the machine. I'm assuming, of course, the toggle
      switches are set the same for the various I/O cards between the 4K and
      8K versions. The docs I have seem to suggest that. But you never
      know...

      I haven't tried the 8K tape loader yet. That's my next step, if the
      binary becomes a lost cause. I'm just zapping in the binaries with
      Xmodem.

      -J
    • prwisc
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2008
        I believe some 4K version requires the A11 switch to be up, but the
        other versions require all sense switches down.
        Pete

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "john_crane_59"