Front panel variations

  • romulus2x
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 1999
      I have noticed that there are TWO styles of front
      panel faceplate for the original model Altair 8800 (not
      the "a" or "b" models). On one version (as in the
      example shown on the main page for this Club) the
      horizontal line separating the two rows of switches is
      perfectly straight. In the other version (as shown on the
      examples in contemporary MITS ads and elsewhere) the line
      angles upwards at the left end.<br><br>Can anyone tell
      me the story behind these two versions and, most
      importantly, which was first?!<br><br>David