Re: Was the Altair Basic software ever available in Rom ?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2008

      MITS made a couple of ROM BASIC boards. The last was the best one- essentially 16K Extended Cassette BASIC in ROM on a single PC board. I'm not aware af a listing, but I think someone in this group did a memory dump several years ago.

      http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7633/pagefromrbm2ta6.jpg   )

      There was also an earlier 8K board, but I don't recall much about it.

      Steve