Re: [Altair Computer Club] Re: SWTPc 6800 vs. Altair 680

  • Grant Stockly
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 22, 2008
      >Guess you should have asked that before you dropped $2K on an empty
      >box! ;>)
      >
      >All kidding aside, you've just won a beautiful machine - hopefully
      >with none of the problems of the "Mark 8" that wasn't. If Howard
      >Harte doesn't have scanned docs, I think I do (if you're not in too
      >much of a hurry - otherwise I'll just dump the manuals into the
      >copier. Shouldn't be too hard to come up with copies of the ROMs and
      >hopefully Grant is working on replica riser cards and memory - you're
      >not going to do much on a standard system.
      >
      >MS Basic is available - you need to hook up with the FLEX User's
      >group and check out Michael Holley's website for an indepth intro to
      >the 6800 world. Hopefully the other 680 owner's out there will chime
      >in and 'fess up to what they've been hoarding.

      What is the story behind the Mark 8? Someone buy a Mark 8 replica
      thinking it was vintage?

      I have some of the Altair 680 manuals available here:
      http://www.altair680kit.com/manuals.html

      They are better quality than the other manuals out there, but they
      are also a "few" times larger. : )

      There are no more Altair 680 memory cards left, but I plan to make
      more soon. Maybe even an enhancement or two! : )

      Grant