Re: altair basic

  • hrothjr
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 1999
      In addition to collecting Altair parts I also
      collect Heathkit computers. I have an H8 and an H88 that
      use cassette interface. I have been told that the
      original Benton Harbor Basic on cassette was derived from
      the Altair 4K Basic. In fact Heath contracted Bill
      Gates for the program. If anyone has more on that I
      would like to hear about it.<br>The oldest Basic I have
      is Obasic which came out under cp/m about the same
      time as mbasic. Unfortunately these versions are much
      larger than the earlier basic and probably bare little
      resemblance.