Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Didn't know this group existed!

Expand Messages
  • Steve
    This is the photo Gordon was talking about. For a larger version and a list of those employees who have been identified, go to
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 20, 2007
    • 0 Attachment

      This is the photo Gordon was talking about. 

      For a larger version and a list of those employees who have been identified, go to
      http://home.earthlink.net/~webdisk4/MITSemployees/MITSemployees.htm 

      If you're a former MITS employee, please help identify these people.

      Steve
      ===========================

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon L. Scott" <gordonscott@...> wrote:
      >
      > Hello enthusiasts! As a former employee of MITS in 1975 I have a
      > continuing interest in the preservation of ALTAIR history. At
      > present, my main concern is documenting the names of people that
      > worked at MITS prior to MITS being sold to Pertec.
      > My name is Gordon Scott and I worked for MITS only about 8 months in
      > 1975 before being fired by Ed Roberts (he fired many of the staff and
      > then rehired them at some point!). I did not return but instead took
      > a job offer at Sandia National Laboratories.
      > The "Startup" display at Albuquerque's Museum of Natural History and
      > Science has a photo prominently displayed on one wall with most of the
      > MITS employees as of May 1975. I am in that photo along with some
      > other very dedicated people that made the ALTAIR a worthwhile
      > contribution to American History. But you already know the value of
      > that contribution or you wouldn't be reading this!
      > If you are a former employee of MITS you may contact me through this
      > forum. I do not wish to put my email address in the public domain! LOL!
      >

    • Gordon L. Scott
      Nice work Steve! All but about 14 of the crew are now identified. Now if we can get the list displayed in the NM museum near the large photo it would be a
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 3, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        Nice work Steve! All but about 14 of the crew are now identified.
        Now if we can get the list displayed in the NM museum near the large
        photo it would be a nice improvement to the display.


        Gordon



        -- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@...> wrote:
        >
        >
        > This is the photo Gordon was talking about.
        >
        >
        >
        > For a larger version and a list of those employees who have been
        > identified, go to
        > http://home.earthlink.net/~webdisk4/MITSemployees/MITSemployees.htm
        > <http://home.earthlink.net/~webdisk4/MITSemployees/MITSemployees.htm>
        >
        > If you're a former MITS employee, please help identify these people.
        >
        > Steve
        > ===========================
        >
        >
      • Steve
        It will take awhile, but I think we ll eventually get most of the names. If you know any other former MITSers, ask them to take a look at that web page. Steve
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 5, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          It will take awhile, but I think we'll eventually get most of the
          names. If you know any other former MITSers, ask them to take a look
          at that web page.

          Steve
          ==============================

          --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon L. Scott"
          <gordonscott@...> wrote:
          >
          > Nice work Steve! All but about 14 of the crew are now identified.
          > Now if we can get the list displayed in the NM museum near the large
          > photo it would be a nice improvement to the display.
          >
          >
          > Gordon
          >
          >
          >
          > -- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@> wrote:
          > >
          > >
          > > This is the photo Gordon was talking about.
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > For a larger version and a list of those employees who have been
          > > identified, go to
          > >
          http://home.earthlink.net/~webdisk4/MITSemployees/MITSemployees.htm
          > >
          <http://home.earthlink.net/~webdisk4/MITSemployees/MITSemployees.htm>
          > >
          > > If you're a former MITS employee, please help identify these
          people.
          > >
          > > Steve
          > > ===========================
          > >
          > >
          >
        • Jack Rubin
          how about skeeter/scooter/riatla ? Steve wrote: It will take awhile, but I think we ll eventually get most of
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 5, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            how about skeeter/scooter/riatla ?

            Steve <alltare@...> wrote:
            It will take awhile, but I think we'll eventually get most of the
            names. If you know any other former MITSers, ask them to take a look
            at that web page.

            Steve
            ============ ========= =========

            --- In altaircomputerclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Gordon L. Scott"
            <gordonscott@ ...> wrote:
            >
            > Nice work Steve! All but about 14 of the crew are now identified.
            > Now if we can get the list displayed in the NM museum near the large
            > photo it would be a nice improvement to the display.
            >
            >
            > Gordon
            >
            >
            >
            > -- In altaircomputerclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Steve" <alltare@> wrote:
            > >
            > >
            > > This is the photo Gordon was talking about.
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > For a larger version and a list of those employees who have been
            > > identified, go to
            > >
            http://home. earthlink. net/~webdisk4/ MITSemployees/ MITSemployees. htm
            > >
            <http://home. earthlink. net/~webdisk4/ MITSemployees/ MITSemployees. htm>
            > >
            > > If you're a former MITS employee, please help identify these
            people.
            > >
            > > Steve
            > > ============ ========= ======
            > >
            > >
            >


          • Steve
            Nope. Skeeter/riatla lives in Albuquerque, but never worked for MITS and only knows a few of their employees. He sure comes up with a lot of their products,
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 5, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              Nope. Skeeter/riatla lives in Albuquerque, but never worked for MITS
              and only knows a few of their employees. He sure comes up with a lot
              of their products, though, which most of us have probably noticed on
              ebay. I've seen quite a few of yours lately too, Jack.

              By the way, as group moderator I have no objection if any member
              wants to plug his Altair-related ebay auctions here. Please provide
              the item number or a link to your auction and a brief description.

              Steve
              ===========================================

              --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Jack Rubin
              <jack.rubin@...> wrote:
              >
              > how about skeeter/scooter/riatla ?
              >
              > Steve <alltare@...> wrote: It will
              take awhile, but I think we'll eventually get most of the
              > names. If you know any other former MITSers, ask them to take a
              look
              > at that web page.
              >
              > Steve
              > ==============================
              >
              > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon L. Scott"
              > <gordonscott@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Nice work Steve! All but about 14 of the crew are now
              identified.
              > > Now if we can get the list displayed in the NM museum near the
              large
              > > photo it would be a nice improvement to the display.
              > >
              > >
              > > Gordon
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > -- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@>
              wrote:
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > This is the photo Gordon was talking about.
              > > >
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > For a larger version and a list of those employees who have
              been
              > > > identified, go to
              > > >
              > http://home.earthlink.net/~webdisk4/MITSemployees/MITSemployees.htm
              > > >
              >
              <http://home.earthlink.net/~webdisk4/MITSemployees/MITSemployees.htm>
              > > >
              > > > If you're a former MITS employee, please help identify these
              > people.
              > > >
              > > > Steve
              > > > ===========================
              > > >
              > > >
              > >
              >
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.