semi-OT: Votrax Personal Speech System

  • Larry T.
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2007
      Hi All

      Please excuse the somewhat off-topic post.

      I just ran across my Votrax Model #200 Personal Speech Sysyem and I
      can't find the manual! Does anyone have, or know where I can get, the
      manual?

      These units were more popular with the Atari/Apple/Commodore crown,
      but I knew sever people with S-100 systems that did have them, so I
      figured I'd ask here.

      Any assistance would be appreciated.

      Larry T.
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2007
        Larry-
        Didn't they use a Votrax as the IMSAI voice in the movie 'Wargames'?

        There's a complete manual for the 'Type & Talk' which must be very
        similar to your 200, at
        http://members.tripod.com/werdav/txtospm1.html

        And there's some good info on the SC-01A Speech Synthesizer chip at
        http://www.redcedar.com/sc01.htm .
        Maybe it will be somewhat useful.

        Steve

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry T." <ltroth@...>