Altair 680 Followup -

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23 7:25 AM
      Using the 680b user's guide and the ACIA sections of the Monitor guide,
      I am becoming familiar with the use of the front panel and how to set
      jumpers on the motherboard on the 680b to match the I/O equipment I
      have. I am starting to put the 6800 processor and the 680b/SWTPc 6800
      together conceptually. The guides themselves assume you know how
      to /matchconvert hex into their associated dip switch, etc. I used
      Osborne's books and "The Altair One Day Course" manual too as
      reference. I will put the One Day Course on the group database once I
      make a copy in electronic format. Thanks again for your help.

      Is there anyone who has the ability to burn PROMS if I send the source
      code (to import through the serial port of a modern computer into a
      prom burner)? I have a few 1702 PROMs I can send with the source
      code. I am willing to trade this service for paper copies of whatever
      manuals I have that you may want (such as the The Altair One Day Course
      manual), or $$.

      Bill Degnan