Tower of Nerd

  • Grant Stockly
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2007
      I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

      No, I am not attempting to build a beowulf cluster...

      The ultimate Altair needs to run Linux. I spent the first few hours today
      thinking up an S-100 card with a 386 processor. : ) Idle minds can be
      dangerous... It will have to wait on that because I am still deep in the
      hole with this crazy project...

      http://www.altairkit.com/images/070210-AltairTower_2172.jpg

      Grant
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2007
        Grant,

        I think it would be more fun getting Linux ported to the 8080 processor.
        I've read of guys porting Linux to the Z80 already after stripping it
        down enough to fit a small footprint. I would expect the same for a 8080
        micro. Linux was originally made to run on a minimum of a 386 but
        nowadays there is several ports for smaller micros and non-mmu
        processors, there's a website for this--> http://www.uclinux.org/
        I'm no Linux guru, but you might want to contact someone locally from
        the Linux users group(LUG) to get some help on this.

        =Dan

        [ The only thing Google can't search yet is my mind (just be glad they don't) ]