Pertec 8" drive doors

  • Dr. Larry Pyeatt
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
      Hello all,
      I need a drive door for one of my Pertec 8" drives. If anyone
      else is
      interested, I can have several made. So, if your drive door is broken
      and you want a replacement, please let me know how many you need.
      I can get up to 25 made, and the more I make the cheaper they are.
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
        Larry,

        I have a few questions.

        1) Are we talking about the door only, or the entire front consisting
        of door, bezel, and latch?

        2) Black (for FD500 drives) or white (for FD400s)?

        3) Will the silver trim strip be installed or available?

        4) Can you tell us approximate price per unit?

        Steve
        ==============================

        --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Larry Pyeatt"
        <pyeatt@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        > I need a drive door for one of my Pertec 8" drives. If anyone
        > else is
        > interested, I can have several made. So, if your drive door is broken
        > and you want a replacement, please let me know how many you need.
        > I can get up to 25 made, and the more I make the cheaper they are.

      • Larry D. Pyeatt
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
          I'm trying to get the doors and bezels' but could make latches as well.
          I'm going for black, but could also have some done in white. I'm still
          looking for a good, cheap replacement for the silver trim strip. I'll
          probably have some cut in a local sheetmetal shop.

          I'm aiming for under $50 per unit, and maybe even down to $25. I've
          found a few companies that can do small runs, and I'm waiting for
          quotes. It will help to know (potentially) how many need to be produced.
          From the response I have so far, I'm looking at between 10-20 units
          already. How many would you want, assuming I can get the price
          down to a reasonable range?

          --
          Larry D. Pyeatt, PhD.
          pyeatt@...