876Re: Another one for sale!

  • stychokiller
    Mar 19, 2006
      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@...> wrote:

      > I notice that "Stychokiller" has taken the comments I made in my
      > auction (ebay item number 8780835202). That would have been OK with
      > me, if he had stopped there, but he added a few words that are
      > misleading. To avoid possible disappointment to any of our members
      > who may be intending to bid on the computer based on his added
      > statements, let me make this clear: Despite what Stychokiller
      > implies, I do not intend to bid on his computer, nor did I tell him
      > that I have any missing parts or software for it- I do not. I wish
      > he hadn't made those implications- I'm already getting emails.
      >
      > steve
      >
      > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > There are at least 2 reasons the front panel lights don't work (per
      > > your description):
      > >
      > > First, you have a CPU board for an 8800A computer- the 8800bT
      > > computer requires an 8800b CPU board.
      > >
      > > Second, the computer is missing another necessary board- the MITS
      > > TurnKey board- which communicates with the front panel, provides a
      > > serial port, and can be fitted with various bootstrap and monitor
      > > PROMs.
      > >
      > > The Econoram ought to work OK in the 8800bT.
      > >
      > > steve

      Sorry that you're getting the emails, but you are not the person that
      I was referring to in my ebay addition. The person in question sent
      me an email & also mentioned the availability of spare parts. So, to
      whomever is concerned, Steve is NOT the anonymous supplier of the
      additional information provided to me, so stop sending him inquiries
      about parts and software.
      Jim Steichen
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic