874Re: Another one for sale!

    Mar 16, 2006
      There are at least 2 reasons the front panel lights don't work (per
      your description):

      First, you have a CPU board for an 8800A computer- the 8800bT
      computer requires an 8800b CPU board.

      Second, the computer is missing another necessary board- the MITS
      TurnKey board- which communicates with the front panel, provides a
      serial port, and can be fitted with various bootstrap and monitor
      PROMs.

      The Econoram ought to work OK in the 8800bT.

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "stychokiller"
      <jimbot@...> wrote:

      > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <alltare@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Good luck with the auction.
      > > Please provide a link or ebay's item number.
      > >
      > > Thanks.

      > > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "stychokiller"
      <jimbot@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I just added my Altair 8800bt to ebay for sale.
      > > >

      > The ebay number is 8780835202

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic