562Re: [Altair Computer Club] MITS Part Number 103676 ??

  • H.E. Robert, [Just Bob!]
    Feb 13, 2005
      I'm gonna bet the only way to cross reference that number, would be to check
      against old MITS invoices, if anyone out there has some. I remember
      that MITS
      used a Data General machine for their order tracking, an Altair was too
      small!
      My guess is that it's not a board kit, but more like a 4 slot Mother
      Board expansion,
      or a port exp kit for the 4-PIO or 2SIO. Personally, I would have taken
      it to an
      airport or local Gov't office and have them put it on the X-ray
      machine! One other
      possibility, is that it was one of the "pay as you build" parts kits
      that MITS put out
      for the PopTronics spread?

      Just Bob! ....... just wondering, like everybody else!