3729Re: [Altair Computer Club] little help with re-loading BASIC in memory from monitor

  • Martin Eberhard
    Apr 3, 2014
      I am pretty sure 0 is the correct address. Did you have the front panel switches set correctly?

      Martin

      On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      Hi all -

      Quick question...from the monitor, what is the J (jump) address to re-start MITS Altair Extended BASIC if it's still loaded in memory?  My disk drive died but I made a snapshot of the RAM from a working system running BASIC (using BASIC to dump the RAM to a log file).  I tried jumping from 000000 and the system froze.  I also tried 000020oct which is where I think BASIC code starts.

      I confirmed to the best of my knowledge the RAM dump was correctly installed to the Turnkey system.  I am sitting at the dot prompt ...

      anyone have ideas?  Post your suggestions here or If you do and you're free contact me through vintagecomputer.net/contact.cfm and send me your phone number so I can call you.

      VCF is tomorrow, a bad time to lose my only working drive!