3716Re: 8k Basic Easter Egg

  • jambo66@bellsouth.net
    Mar 25, 2014
      Thanks Y'all!

      I had begun to believe my recollection of the list of authors was one of those false memories.  I had a paper tape from the 70s, and remembered the Easter Egg y'all found.  I built a web-cam based paper tape reader, but when I got my version up in SIMH, I found it mentioned MICRO-SOFT, but no authors.  I now have a vague memory that during the good old days, we started our project with Altair BASIC version 3.2 and upgraded to 4.0.  I seem to have ended up with the 4.0 tape, but not the 3.2 version.  Thanks for letting me know that my memory has not totally degenerated to mush.

      Jim.

      ===== MICRO-SOFT BASIC 4.0 Startup text =====
      MEMORY SIZE? A

      WRITTEN FOR ROYALTIES BY MICRO-SOFT