3652MITS 4K SRAM "bypass resistor" question

  • corey986
    Jan 26, 2014
      I noticed that 3 of my ram cards have 4ohm 5w bypass resistors over the voltage regulators and 1 doesn't.  It doesn't appear that the bypass resistor ever was installed since I don't see any "solder" tinning on the tabs.  Now this card did start out as a 2k card, so it would have sourced less current.

      Should I install one or is my non-upgraded early altair supply dropping down enough in voltage with 8 full slots to keep the 7805 sourcing what is needed on the card without thermal shutdown.  I've never had a problem with the card, I'm just worried if it will be.

      Thanks,
      Corey
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic