3633RE: MITS cassette adapter hookup to the outside world

  • wtsnet
    Dec 21, 2013

      Corey,

      I'm not sure what you mean by factory screen material. Altair back plates vary in design over the years. Do you have round holes like:

      http://www.virtualaltair.com/virtualaltair.com/images/88-ACR%20connector%20%20labels.JPG

      If not, a small rectangle of phenolic or another material can be used on the retangular hole for a DB-25 connector. This image is for the newer 88-UIO, but a similar approach with two holes would work with the 88-ACR.

      http://www.virtualaltair.com/virtualaltair.com/images/88-UIO%20cable%20-150.jpg

      > But I'm looking for the older card. My card has a cable attached. It's just got plugs not sockets

      The 88-ACR is the older MITS card. Is this the card you have? Is it the 88-SIOB with piggyback MITS Modem card? Do you have a picture? The cable sounds custom with plugs for the cassetter player instead of sockets on the backpanel.

      W. Tom S.

      ---In altaircomputerclub@{{emailDomain}}, <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Thanks. But I'm looking for the older card. My card has a cable attached. It's just got plugs not sockets. I'm guessing based upon the pics of the advertisement on Virtual Altair that I need to replace the plugs with sockets and by the looks of the sockets they used from the pic I don't have a way to install this right without doing some metal work on the factory screen material, clipping out a big section for the sockets to the holes in the chassis. I was hoping to avoid major work but I guess I'll have to do it at some point.

      Cheers
      Corey
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic