3392[Altair Computer Club] Re: Altair 88-DCDD floppy disk controller?

  • steve
    Aug 9, 2013
      You have probably noticed that many of the Altair items currently being sold on ebay by "mybluemalibu" have MITS asset number stickers on them. For what it's worth, this means that those machines were almost certainly factory assembled, which would probably make troubleshooting a little easier.

      Watch out for the 'cat piss' computer, though. CP can really corrode copper contacts and wiring. Mouse urine is even worse.

      steve

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Sudbrink" <wh.sudbrink@...> wrote:

      > toml_12953 wrote:
      > > I have a bid in on one of them and if I get outbid, the other two end
      > > later so I can bid on those, too.
      >
      > If you happen to bid on and win the "cat piss" altair, and only want the
      > controller boards, I would like to buy the front panel. I have a 'B'
      > with a badly mangled front panel that I would like to fix up.
      >
      > Bill S.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic