2945Re: MITS 908M Calculator Instruction Manual

  • W Tom
    Jan 5, 2013
      The blank pages are gone. I'm not one to blame Microsoft for my operator error or one to use toy software because it is free.

      We've been talking about someday for years. We are too old to wait. Price lists and catalogs give a pretty good idea of what was made. My goal is an image of every board, a PDF manual, and Data Sheet if possible. That would require help of the entire group.

      Some boards are outside my budget and only fairly rare:

      8800 CPU board
      88-MU1 Music Board
      Prom Programmer Interface
      X-80 CPU board
      88-ADC (both red & black modules)
      88-PMC8 with programming module

      Other board are obscure, rare, and seldom talked about:

      88-DMAC Direct memory Access Controller
      88-DMAE Direct Memory I/O Channel - External Devices
      88-DMAI Direct Memory I/O Channel - Internal Transfers
      88-CCC Cyclops Controller Card
      88-RMB2 ROM BASIC 2
      Line Printer interfaces (Not Centronics or Qume)
      Icom 3712 interface
      Icom 3812 interface
      Icom version of 16K Dynamic memory
      Sherwood versions of MITS boards
      Ugly Sherwood inverter board

      I have a few of boards to add to virtualaltair.com

      Attache Video Board pair.
      Disk Controller boards 1 & 2
      680 Expander
      680 DA/AD
      8800b Front Panel Interface Board
      Final version of 2SIO and disk controllers with flat ribbon connectors.

      My someday goal is a finding a web host for virtualaltair.com that will host the site after I'm gone and/or a site that can be on DVD or other removable media. A non-web version could have high resolution images.

      Tom S

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "steve" wrote:

      > Tom,
      >
      > Those blank pages are not a big deal. There were several other pre-Altair kits available that were also not listed in the catalog, such as the laser transmitter and receiver and all of the telemetry stuff. I suppose we should some day compile a list of every MITS product. That would be project #963 for me.
      >
      > I don't use MS Word very often, but Open Office (the freeware version of MS Office) does a great job of .doc-to-.pdf conversion with one click.
      >
      > steve
      > =============================
      >
      > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "W Tom" wrote:
      > >
      > > The history of this equipment is before my time at Pertec, so I'm seeing things for the first time thanks to Tom Durston. The price list is a separate document saved by Tom. I put it at the end, so the price list date is only near the unknown catalog date.
      > >
      > > I'm still on my pdf learning curve. I rushed the pdf to the web after my second use of MS Word to make a pdf. The scans were fed by hand and fit the default page exactly. I tried adding page breaks and created the blanks. I can remove the blanks and refresh the pdf.
      > >
      > > Tom S
      > >

      > > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "steve" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Tom-
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for posting the All Products Catalog. I don't have that one.
      > > >
      > > > Strange, the Comter 256 terminal and MS416 MITScope are listed on the Price and Delivery page (p13), but not mentioned or described elsewhere. Even stranger, wasn't the Comter released AFTER the Altair 8800 was introduced in '75? So how did it get listed at all in this '74 pub?
      > > >
      > > > The 1440 calculator, 905m calculator, and WG1700 signal generator/counter are described, but not listed on the Price page.
      > > >
      > > > Also, the last 7 pages are blank. Could it be that your scanner ate those last pages?
      > > >
      > > > steve

      > > > s%20Catalog.pdf>

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic