2944Re: MITS 908M Calculator Instruction Manual

  • steve
    Jan 5, 2013
      Tom,

      Those blank pages are not a big deal. There were several other pre-Altair kits available that were also not listed in the catalog, such as the laser transmitter and receiver and all of the telemetry stuff. I suppose we should some day compile a list of every MITS product. That would be project #963 for me.

      I don't use MS Word very often, but Open Office (the freeware version of MS Office) does a great job of .doc-to-.pdf conversion with one click.

      steve
      =============================

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "W Tom" wrote:

      > The history of this equipment is before my time at Pertec, so I'm seeing things for the first time thanks to Tom Durston. The price list is a separate document saved by Tom. I put it at the end, so the price list date is only near the unknown catalog date.
      >
      > I'm still on my pdf learning curve. I rushed the pdf to the web after my second use of MS Word to make a pdf. The scans were fed by hand and fit the default page exactly. I tried adding page breaks and created the blanks. I can remove the blanks and refresh the pdf.
      >
      > Tom S
      >

      > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "steve" wrote:
      > >
      > > Tom-
      > >
      > > Thanks for posting the All Products Catalog. I don't have that one.
      > >
      > > Strange, the Comter 256 terminal and MS416 MITScope are listed on the Price and Delivery page (p13), but not mentioned or described elsewhere. Even stranger, wasn't the Comter released AFTER the Altair 8800 was introduced in '75? So how did it get listed at all in this '74 pub?
      > >
      > > The 1440 calculator, 905m calculator, and WG1700 signal generator/counter are described, but not listed on the Price page.
      > >
      > > Also, the last 7 pages are blank. Could it be that your scanner ate those last pages?
      > >
      > > steve
      > > ================
      > >

      > > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "W Tom" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > OOPS, I need new glasses and don't get along well the YAHOO Rich-Text
      > > > Editor. I'll try the link again.
      > > >
      > > > "MITS ALL PRODUCTS CATALOG" and a price list dated "1 Nov. 1974 (DOM)"
      > > >
      > > > http://www.virtualaltair.com/virtualaltair.com/pdf/Mits%20All%20Products\
      > > > %20Catalog.pdf
      > > >
      > > s%20Catalog.pdf>

      > > > board