2940Re: MITS 908M Calculator Instruction Manual

  • W Tom
    Jan 4, 2013
      Thanks Steve,

      I'll put some batteries in and count digits. I had scanner problem and didn't get an image of the lit display. I also did not unscrew the board to make an image of the board top and chips. I saw some nice images on a calculator website that were made by you.

      My thanks to Tom Durston (TWD) for preserving some interesting objects from early MITS history. I just found his copy of "MITS ALL PRODUCTS CATALOG" and a price list dated "1 Nov. 1974 (DOM)". MITS had an interesting pre-Altair product line.

      http://www.virtualaltair.com/virtualaltair.com/pdf/Mits All Products Catalog.pdf

      Tom S

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "steve" wrote:

      > Oops- I was looking at the "real" 908m when I counted 9 digits. Since there's no lit closeup of the "fake" 908m, I can't be sure of the model number, so the label on the back is probably correct (1206).
      >
      > steve
      > ============================
      >
      > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "steve" wrote:
      > >
      > > Try this URL:
      > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/110994074540
      > >
      > > MITS made three 1200 series calculators whose model numbers reflected the number of displayed digits. Your "TWD" calculator appears to be a 1209, having 9 digits. The label on the back of the case is wrong.
      > >
      > > The 1206 had 6 digits and the 1212 had 12 digits.
      > >
      > > Wikipedia has an ad for the 1200s here:
      > >
      > > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/25/MITS_Calculator_1200_Series_1973.jpg
      > >
      > > steve
      > > --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "W Tom" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'm having trouble entering a URL. I'll try again
      > > >
      > > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/110994074540?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p\
      > > > 3984.m1558.l2649
      > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/110994074540?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p\
      > > > 3984.m1558.l2649>