2509[Altair Computer Club] Re: SNEEK PEEK @ ALTAIR 680 AUCTION!!!!

  • steve
    Sep 18 10:46 PM
      Nice catch, Bill. I completely missed those green LEDs.

      I'm pretty sure that they were available in 1976 (I'm looking at a device I built in ~77 that uses red, yellow, and green LEDs), but I'm positive that MITS never used them in 680s or any other computer. Those 2 green ones are definitely replacements for the originals. It wouldn't take much effort to change them back, though. Just make sure you use LEDs that are indicator brightness rather than the more common superbrights. I think these might be about right:

      http://www.kingbrightusa.com/product.asp?catalog_name=LED&product_id=WP7113LID

      steve