2403Re: [Altair Computer Club] Re: 8" Hard Sector Floppies

  • Stephen A. Arnett
    Dec 15, 2010
      Re: [Altair Computer Club] Re: 8" Hard Sector Floppies Hey Marty.  Herb Johnson advertises having them on his website for $25 plus shipping.  Since I've been shopping for them for you and me, I've seen two other sources, one in mid thirty range delivered and another in the mid twenty range delivered.  I believe Herb tests his.  The other two sources are sealed old stock and I haven't yet received test lots from either party.  I also heard that there was a vintage group that commissioned some runs of hard sectored media a while back and that some people may be sitting on far more than they realized they would ever need.  I haven't poked the Vintage Computer community forums to confirm this however. Stephen A.

      On 12/15/10 10:20 AM, "geistmarty" <geistmarty@...> wrote:

      Hi All;
      I have found Athana a brand that I don't know, they have 32 hard sectors for sale at $98.00 for a box of 10.... But they are the only ones I have found so far....
      THANK YOU Marty
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic