2047Re:Pictures of my Altair 88-DCDD drive

  • Dave Sroelov
    Jun 4, 2010
      i never paid much attention to this, but it looks like MITS did make
      some improvements along the way. my two DCDD drives are serial numbers
      0923 and 0925 and they look just a bit different on the inside. the
      most glaring change is the cables. my drives do not have nice clean
      manufactured ribbon cables. i had to solder single conductor wires to
      all the connectors.

      this is one of those "when i was a kid, i had to walk five miles to
      school, up hill, in the middle of a tornado" stories you heard from your
      parents.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic