1594Custom Altair Front Panel...Re: [Altair Computer Club] 8800 on eBay

  • Dan Roganti
    Sep 27, 2008

      oghull wrote:
      What do you guys make of this 8800 on eBay (Item number: 150283429072)?
      Putting aside the absurd starting price for the moment, what do you
      know about that front panel and unusual card guides?  Are they
      original MITS items?

      I found a reference regarding this custom front panel for the Altair.

      I was reading an old issue of Kilobaud, Mar'79 on pg 142 in the Classifieds section. There was somebody in there that posted an Ad, first entry on that page, which announced replacement front panels for the Altair. These were blue outline on a white background and they were being sold for $19 each. They were sold by DL Tibbetts, 520 Schoolhouse Ln., Willow Grove, PA, 19090(that's close to Philly) .

      Maybe he's still around ?