1453Re: [Altair Computer Club] Re: So what is the going rate for a "stock" Altair 8800?

  • Grant Stockly
    Feb 2 9:05 PM
      At 05:49 PM 2/2/2008, you wrote:

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, "mardy_marshall" <mardy@...> wrote:

      > I see a fairly stock, minimally configured, Altair 8800 on eBay that looks like it is going to
      go
      > for north of $3K. Is this normal or is someone getting a little careless with their money?

      An update. It ended up selling for $4150.00.

      Don't count that price as market value...  That is way over the average for an as-is system with a broken switch and marginal testing.  A dozen with that same basic description were sold last year for 1/2 the price.

      If this is the way things are going, I will sell my ADM3 Altair 8800 with 56k memory, dual disk drives, the whole works!  Ought to be worth 10k!  : )  Vintage Altair by the way...
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic