1321[Altair Computer Club] Re: Disk Drive

    Nov 5, 2007
      Another source of Pertec drives is old (1975~1985) ﷯Jacquard﷯ business
      systems. Their Pertec 8" drives could be used after changing a few
      jumpers. They used PCC 14" hard drives too.

      Cincinnati Milacron (now just Milacron) used PCC drives too.

      Steve
      =============================

      --- In altaircomputerclub@yahoogroups.com, Grant Stockly <grant@...>
      wrote:

      > At 01:28 PM 11/5/2007, you wrote:
      >
      > >Ten or 15 years ago, Bottom Line Industries sold Pertec drives and
      > >parts, but they may be out of business now. Even then, I think they
      > >were asking ~$500 for an 8" drive. This info may still be correct:
      >
      > I've found them so far for $199 to $595 to $1200. (1200 being new
      in box)

      > What is a drive worth to you guys? Its going to be about $899 -
      > $1299 if I try...and if I do it will be a very hands on project. :
      > ) It may be too labourous to pack the kits, so I might just
      package
      > the case, PCBs, and rare parts. Let people find their own
      > drive... In case/PCBs/rare parts it will be in the $500-600 range.
      >
      > From my initial investigations it seems that the drives (the
      FD510)
      > are not rare, just expensive.
      >
      > Grant