1318Re: [Altair Computer Club] Re: Disk Drive

  • Grant Stockly
    Nov 5, 2007
      At 01:28 PM 11/5/2007, you wrote:

      >Ten or 15 years ago, Bottom Line Industries sold Pertec drives and
      >parts, but they may be out of business now. Even then, I think they
      >were asking ~$500 for an 8" drive. This info may still be correct:

      I've found them so far for $199 to $595 to $1200. (1200 being new in box)

      What is a drive worth to you guys? Its going to be about $899 -
      $1299 if I try...and if I do it will be a very hands on project. :
      ) It may be too labourous to pack the kits, so I might just package
      the case, PCBs, and rare parts. Let people find their own
      drive... In case/PCBs/rare parts it will be in the $500-600 range.

      From my initial investigations it seems that the drives (the FD510)
      are not rare, just expensive.

      Grant
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic