1110Re: [Altair Computer Club] Tower of Nerd

  • Dan
    Feb 14, 2007
      Grant,

      I think it would be more fun getting Linux ported to the 8080 processor.
      I've read of guys porting Linux to the Z80 already after stripping it
      down enough to fit a small footprint. I would expect the same for a 8080
      micro. Linux was originally made to run on a minimum of a 386 but
      nowadays there is several ports for smaller micros and non-mmu
      processors, there's a website for this--> http://www.uclinux.org/
      I'm no Linux guru, but you might want to contact someone locally from
      the Linux users group(LUG) to get some help on this.

      =Dan

      [ The only thing Google can't search yet is my mind (just be glad they don't) ]