INVITATION - event fir women's safety -Delhi

  • Camilla Conti
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2013

      PINK THREAD – A WORLD FOR WOMEN

      Invites You at:

      Pink Thread for Women’s Safety

      An initiative of women for women

      (Check out our Facebook page: Pink Thread – A World For Women)

      It is time to say ‘No!’ to the ever-growing violence against women!

      Join us on Sunday 20th of January, 2013, Delhi  in a memorable march to demand safety for women - everywhere, anytime!

      Let us gather at 5 pm in Connaught Place  where we will hold our hands in a huge Ring O' Roses: a human circle in the dark (yes! We want to be able to step out in the dark, too)  to symbolize unity and mutual support.

      The significance of the event will be to reclaim the streets as women.

      We demand safety - everywhere, anytime. We assert our right to go out in the city and do normal things, day and night!

      The Ring O' Roses will be followed by debates and sharing of ideas and specific demands that can be written down in the form of a petition on another occasion.

      We wish this peaceful demonstration will act as a common platform for groups and organizations who are working on the issues of women’s safety  and empowerment – let’s cooperate, let’s come together and unite our efforts!

      The Ring ‘O Roses will also be an occasion to introduce our campaign - Pink Thread for Women’s Safety.

      We invite all participants to carry a small pink stripe of cloth - it can be easily obtained at zero cost by cutting an old bedsheet or asking the neighborhood taylor.
      We will all wear our ‘pink thread' as a symbol of our solidarity and our common demand for safety: on our wrists, on our bags, on our hair, etc. We will keep wearing it and ask others (men and women) to do the same.

      When we will go out in the street, people will ask us its meaning. This will be an occasion to explain that the meaning is: “We demand safety for women – Everywhere, anytime!”. It will be an occasion to ask the same people to wear it too and be ready to explain to others its significance.

      The pink thread that unites us will signify to everyone a continuous silent reminder of our demand for safety.

      Let's keep the fire going! Let's not give up!

      See you in large numbers…

      -- For further information, or if you wish to be an organizer for your area of the city, please contact us at: pinkthreadforwomensafety@...